Posture Ellie welcomes you to join her on a quest to find better muscular function, better balance and alignment across the joints and, hopefully, less pain and more mobility too!
This ‘posture quest’ is presented in the format of 6 1 hr group classes via Zoom this Autumn.
The classes are happening Mondays at 6.30pm – 7.30pm. PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE NOT UK BASED THAT WE HAVE A CLOCK CHANGE ON 31st October. We will go from BST to GMT.
These classes will be happening live on Zoom but will also be recorded for you to complete in your own time if you wish.
Each class will have a different focus BUT each class also tackles the WHOLE body. The body works as a unit and must be treated as such.
- Oct 25th – Relaxing tension and removing rotation (BST)
- Nov 1st – The Feet/Ankles (GMT)
- Nov 8th – The Hips (GMT)
- Nov 15th – The Pelvis (GMT)
- Nov 22nd – The Spine (GMT)
- Nov 29th – The Hands/Arms/Shoulders (GMT)
Please check your junk email if you haven’t receive an email by the evening on October 24th – I often end up in junk!
Rules of Engagement
1. Leave your preconceived ideas and ego at the door. These classes are a time to be open minded and curious. Learn to expect the unexpected in terms of what your body can/can’t do … and be ok with that. You may be able to do far more than you expect and you may be able to do far less than you expect. Don’t judge, just accept that’s where your body is for now.
2. Only work to a level where you are fully in control of every joint in your body, your breath and making sure you are not tense or in pain in any part of your body. The last point often is hard to admit but is imperative if you want to progress. So many people are either in denial about or have totally tuned out their low lying, constant levels of pain/tension. We need to tune back into this. Do not force your body to do anything it doesn’t want to do. Comfortable effort is extremely different to jaw clenching, breath holding, aggressive fighting against your body. Fighting through pain and tension will never get you out of pain and tension.
3. If you want a bespoke approach to reducing your pain, please consider having 1-2-1 Postural Alignment Therapy sessions with Ellie (www.posture-ellie.com) or another Egoscue Therapist (https://www.egoscue.com/find-therapy/) Group classes are not specifically catered towards individual bodies or bodies in pain. Do not have any expectations that these classes will rid you of your pain (as it impossible to create a group class that is suitable for everybody) BUT do have expectations that these classes will teach you more about what your body can/cannot do. This is extremely valuable information in itself. It is also highly probable that the classes will help you with understanding and helping your pain, but this is by no means a guarantee.
What equipment you need overall (each class will be slightly different but will mix up the below)